Finding a luxury mental health treatment center that makes sense for you and your family is the best decision you’ll ever make, but it’s not an easy decision.
When you enter a residential treatment facility for a mental health issue, there are many doubts and internal questions that you may have. Fear can be a way of trying to protect yourself from potential risks, but it can also be less helpful to taking the proper steps to feeling well. Having a clear understanding of what’s happening next can help decrease the anxiety that you may experience. We have compiled a number of resources that will help you navigate through this process.
Key Tips for Choosing a Luxury Mental Health Facility:
- Choose a city or location to suit your needs and allow you to escape. For some it’s close to home, and for others it’s choosing a destination farther away like out-of-state. Freeing yourself from your routine, stresses and triggers that lead to your mental health issues is critical to your success.
- Be aware of low-end facilities presenting themselves as luxury residential properties. Request photos of the actual facility you will be staying at. Some treatment centers have a luxury home, but actually house people at other lower quality centers. It’s sad but true. Ask to take a tour of the facility.
- Look for residential facilities that offer private, beautiful & comfortable outdoor spaces. Luxury accommodations where you can relax & reflect are beneficial throughout treatment.
- Ask about food & nutrition throughout your stay. Healthy & delicious meals should be expected as you build emotional and mental wellness.
- Sleep is critical to your success, so look for comfortable private accommodations. It’s ok to ask if you will have a roomate, and what the bedroom & bathrooms look like. You deserve to start each day rested and ready to grow.
- Inquire about therapist to client ratios. Great luxury mental health facilities will provide consistent personal treatment, giving you one-on-one time to heal.
What to Expect Being Admitted to A Luxury Mental Health Treatment Center:
- Consider your options and choose the type of care that best matches the needs of you and your family. Do your research, compare residential facilities, therapy options etc. Don’t settle or get sold into a mental health program.
- Have a conversation over the phone with the admissions staff. Share what you need personally in regards to mental health care. Ask them tough questions. This call is your chance to interview them. Hopefully you feel good about the call, but if it turns out the center you are talking to is not a good fit, most quality care providers will help you find alternative options.
- Take care of the paperwork. When you find the right luxury mental health facility, you’ll need to work through insurance and/or payment options, questionnaires and plans for your arrival.
- Expect a warm welcome on your arrival. Discuss any immediate needs or concerns you have to start off on the best path forward. As a standard procedure, staff will review any luggage or items brought, to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all clients.
- Diagnose your needs with clinical professionals through a combination of interviews, evaluations and standard psychological testing. The assessment will guide your individual treatment plan.
- Learn to respect and believe in yourself. You can be helped and deserve to be well. You are beautiful, powerful and determined to live a life of happiness.